Blog sub-header

"Man is a thought-adventurer."

---D. H. Lawrence, Phoenix: the posthumous papers of D.H. Lawrence

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Elephant Butte

Gentle readers,

We camped last night in Elephant Butte National Park, which actually does not have a view of the butte.  It was ok, lovely and cool after the sun went down (I had to put on jeans - the first time since leaving ON on Aug 2).  We stayed in a shelter, I will post pics soon.

The only downside -- mosquitos.  That, and my sleeping bag is too warm. The combo means I slept maybe 4 hours last night.

I've also not been fasting since my journey started, and I can tell.  My clothes are all tighter, and I'm sad to have fallen off the wagon so hard.  So this morning I decided it was time to start up again, come hell or high water. So far, so good, despite two lovely veggie locations we discovered in Truth or Concequences today.

Well, must go examine the butte now....

Love from the road!

2 comments:

  1. Hey love! Sounds all fun except the mosquitos! ;-)
    Keep those pants handy, you'll want them when you get to San Francisco!
    Love M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very pleased to hear that fasting has been working for you. I did not fast during my 2 weeks at Pennsic. I had my first return fast on Monday. I trust you will enjoy this adventure and come back a larger person - larger with new experiences. :)

    ReplyDelete